Easy Vegan Christmas Tea Chocolate Truffles!
As the demand for more plant based foods grows we decided to go back to one of our favourite chocolate truffles recipes and make it vegan! Christmas is fast approaching so we decided to make them using our festive Christmas tea blend! This is a great option for those of us that like to make festive foods or little handmade gifts at Christmas time.
Light Coconut Milk (canned) – 100ml
Vegan Dark Chocolate – 300g
Loose Leaf Christmas Tea – 20g
5 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
1. Gently heat your coconut milk and Christmas tea together.
2. Once the infusion is simmering consistently strain the coconut milk to remove the tea.
3. Add your chocolate and stir gently while it melts. Keep an eye on the consistency as we found that the coconut milk was a bit more sensitive to heat changes and can start to separate if heated too quickly.
4. Once fully melted poor into a suitable dish and chill in the fridge for 2-3 hours.
5. Roll the mixture into 2 to 3cm balls. For best results, use a melon baller, though a small teaspoon can also be used. Roll each ball in the cocoa powder.
Well after finishing them my partner happily licked the spoon, the bowl and the saucepan! Before eating the truffles! The tea infuses really well with the coconut milk giving the truffles a spiced orange flavour. Very festive! I’ll be making more for my vegan friends this Christmas!
Let us know about your experiments and successes and most of all: Enjoy Yourself!